BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Two Lies and One Truth

1) One day as I was walking to work from 125th 4,5,6 train station to 131st and park Ave, a strange old man began to stalk me to work. He kept trying to talk to me and figure out my name, number, etc. I was so scared that I was absolutely speechless. I kept my eyes steady and ahead of me and tried not to give him any eye contact. Gradually I began to move faster in the hopes he would understand that I did not want to talk to him. But he began to get even closer and closer that i was afraid he would attempt to touch me. I could feel the hairs on my arm begin to stand and my heart beat faster and faster. As I was getting close to my workplace I saw a cop giving a car a ticket. I ran up to him and told him my situation and he stood by my side as he watch the old man leave in a nonchalant manner. Afterwards he escorted me to work to ensure that the old man would not return. From this day forward I always go to work with my brother and leave with my father.


2)One day in July I was in Tompkins Square Park with friends hanging around the park. We were walking and talking throughout the park when we encountered an old fashioned looking bag. No one was around so we looked inside and found 3 different cameras. Each camera was vintage looking and seemed to be in good condition. We left the bag alone in case the owner would return and claim his or her cameras. We came back a few hours later and saw that the bag was still in the same position where we left it. So instead of leaving them behind, we each did rock papers scissors to see who would claim one of the 3 cameras. I won first so I took this grey Kodak camera that looked like it belonged in the 70’s. I still haven’t gone to check if it still works but even if it doesn't it’s nice to have around.


3) One day while I was still in middle school and going through a “goth” stage in my life a couple  (man and wife) representatives from a catholic church visited my house to ask me if I would like to join a bible group. I told them I would consider it and they told me they would return the same time on the following day for a definite answer. I decided as a prank I would dress up in the most dead looking clothes I could find in my closet. I wore a black frilly skirt with red fishnet stockings. On top I wore a frilly blouse and an onyx amulet. I thought to make my eyes scary by applying red eye shadow all over my eyes to give it a “sick” look. I ruffled my hair to make myself look “crazy”. As for my jewelry; chains were everywhere. Around my waist, my neck, my wrist. Chains as well as studded wristbands and belts. When they arrived that afternoon the woman returned but this time without her husband and instead her mother who appeared to be about 60 years old. The look on her face when I answered the door was priceless. They asked me if I had a final decision about my joining the bible study group. I told them that I wasn’t very interested anymore and to have a dark and pleasant day.

1 comment: